Pages

P90X - Day 86 - Core SynergistiX

Mercy....I think that was the longest its ever taken us to do Core....I almost wanted to start over after all of the interruptions. Phone, kids, dog, cramps.....yes I was doing the Plank to Chaturanga Run and while in the Chaturanga got the absolute worst cramp in the side of my neck....ahhhhh. But we pushed through and we have success! 4 more workout days left...4 more!!!! Then we EAT LIKE KINGS!!!! Naaaaah. I can't believe we are this close to the next phase. Although, Christina was a bit frustrated today as I think she's tired of listening to Tony's voice over and over each day....hahaha. Although I think now I've memorized each of his corny jokes! Almost like quoting Top Gun over and over. Funny.

Well as today is Sunday, we enjoyed a great day at Church and then lunch with some friends. Today was very confirming for me as over the last week or so, God had really placed a lesson on my heart to teach in our LifeGroup. As it has been over the last 6 months, it always starts with the lesson's title....this time it is "The Authority In Me".....the lesson will have to do with the authority that Jesus left us with before and after his death and resurrection and how we need to recognize and accept that authority and not just believe that we can only pray for God's will. As given in Matthew 16:18-19:

"And I also say to you to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Peter used this authority, which is a great example for all of us, when he approached the temple at the hour of prayer. When he and John approached the lame man....Acts 3:6-7:
Then Peter said, "silver and gold I do not have but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
God's authority given to us through Jesus Christ is amazing and powerful...its time to take up our arms and use that authority!

God Bless