Pages

P90X - Day 26 - Core Synergistics

UGH!!!! Went home for lunch today and "Engaged" my core! I think now that lunch time is not a good time to work out. Just don't feel it...Maybe I need more that just the morning stress to take into it....must need a whole day of work to really get worked out. Not that I don't feel it, OH quite the contrary....that workout is brutal. My heart rate was way high today and although I really appreciate the focus of Core Syn, I was really tired at the end. I guess its what you put in to it.

I had a request in the comments section for some grill recipes....as this is a P90X blog, I don't want to divert anyone backwards in their healthy eating as I have some wonderful sauces and marinades...but if you are reading about Day 26 and are on the Fat Shredder portion of the Nutritional Lifestyle Plan, you don't need those....but. For 24 of the last 26 days I have grilled out (even in the last 2 night's 4 degree temps)....If you are eating meats and veggies, I find that grilling is the healthiest way to go....

1st Grilling tip....your grill only has one setting (HIGH)....Stop adjusting the temperature. A High temp on the grill seals in the juices......So here goes:

Grilled Pork Loin
1 Pound of Pork Loin
Bobby Flay's Coffee Rub Seasoning:

1/4 cup ancho chili powder
1/4 cup finely ground espresso
2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons chili de arbol powder


1 Small Orange
1 Lime
Olive Oil

Heat grill to.....HIGH.

BRUSH a tiny bit of Olive Oil on the Pork. Then..cover in the Fresh Orange & Lime Juice.
Dust Pork with the Coffee Rub Seasoning.

Once grill is hot, place the pork on....Grill for about about 10 minutes each side.

Remove and let stand for 3-5 minutes.....slice and an angle and serve.

For Veggies...
Zuchinni & Squash....cut in half...BRUSH Olive Oil on lightly...light Kosher Salt and Pepper...
Put on Hot grill (flesh down)....after about 7 minutes, flip to skin...when the pork's done or a bit before, so are the veggies.

Happy Eating.